May 27, 2014, 4:28 PM EDT
A great week on the international stage for the Irish soccer program as the men’s squad continues its journey over in Africa for their “Service, Sightseeing & Soccer” trip abroad. On the national stage, an alum was named to the United States Men’s National Team for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil and on the club level, there were some highlights from past Irish stars.
Let’s begin with the United State Men’s National Team. Last Thursday, Jurgen Klinsmann, the manager of the U.S. National Team, announced the final 23-man roster for the 2014 World Cup. The list is a “who’s who” of United States “futbol” and the squad included 2009 Notre Dame grad Matt Besler, the captain of Sporting KC.
Many believe that Besler has a spot in the “Starting XI” on lockdown for the World Cup after his brilliant play in the CONCACAF Gold Cup, World Cup Qualifying…
View original post 168 more words
About Irish United
- W. Tennis. Gleason's Comeback Bid Falls Short In NCAA Singles First Round
- Baseball. Summer Ball Provides Key Development Opportunities For Players
- M. Tennis. Monaghan Advances To Round of 32 At NCAA Singles Championship
- W. Basketball. Irish, Hawkeyes To Meet In ACC-B1G Challenge
- M. Basketball. Ingelsby Accepts Delaware Head Coach Position
- W. Volleyball. Irish Volleyball Adds Klein & Truett To 2016 Roster
- W. Tennis. Irish Insights: NCAA Singles Championship
- M. Basketball. Irish To Welcome Hawkeyes In 'Challenge' Rematch
- M. Tennis. Monaghan Named National ITA Arthur Ashe Award Winner
- M. Lacrosse. Monday Brunch: Tough Ending in Columbus for Corrigan’s Crew
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- RT @NDMenSoccer: .@NDsoftball we're partial to this Alumni Stadium. Good luck this weekend! https://t.co/le1FYhGWk8 5 days ago
- Awesome to see @cari_roccaro getting back on the field with @HoustonDash!! Great read: houstonchronicle.com/sports/dynamo/… 1 week ago
- RT @NDRomagnolo: Congrats to the class of 2016!!! @NDSoccer great student athletes and even better people! Onto the next challenge! 1 week ago
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.