May 5, 2014, 3:11 PM EST
Mostly everybody watches horse racing once a year, and that time was on Saturday, May 3rd. As the eyes of the world and especially the horse racing community turned to Churchill Downs for the running of the Kentucky Derby, there was a bit of an “Irish Flair” to the event this year. To see the flair, all you had to do was turn to the 17 horse, Commanding Curve. Commanding Curve would make a late run (if you haven’t seen the video, you can watch below) and finish second to the eventual champion, California Chrome.
At first glance, the horse coming out of the 17th post position was a thoroughbred from West Point Thoroughbreds, but if you did a little more research, you would learn of the Notre Dame connection.
Let’s put the pieces together…
First off, let’s look at the silks from Commanding Curve:
Now, so what professional sports…
View original post 182 more words
About Irish United
- Swimming & Diving. Inside Irish: 2017 ACC Women’s Swimming & Men/Women’s Diving Championships
- W. Tennis. Inside Irish: Purdue
- Track. Irish Excited for Home Advantage in Upcoming ACC Championships
- W. Basketball. Nelson Returning For Fifth Season
- M. Ice Hockey. Petersen Honored, Irish Move Up In Rankings
- W. Basketball. Marina Mabrey Claims ACC Player of the Week
- Track. Into Focus: Rachel DaDamio
- W. Basketball. Late Irish Rally Spurs Victory Over Orange
- M. Tennis. Irish Etch Sixth Sweep In 7-0 Victory Over Hoosiers
- Baseball. Irish Fall In Alamo Irish Classic Finale
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- RT @FightingIrish: 🇺🇸 President George Bush at the White House with the 2004 National Championship @NDSoccer team. #PresidentsDay https:/… 1 day ago
- RT @NDCommitment: @NDSoccer taking time to help with @SJCHabitat #habitat https://t.co/0Or5G412qz 4 days ago
- Check out the awesome work @kaleigholmsted is doing with her NoBody is Perfect campaign! READ:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 days ago
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.