May 5, 2014, 3:11 PM EDT
Originally posted on Fighting Irish Blog:
Mostly everybody watches horse racing once a year, and that time was on Saturday, May 3rd. As the eyes of the world and especially the horse racing community turned to Churchill Downs for the running of the Kentucky Derby, there was a bit of an “Irish Flair” to the event this year. To see the flair, all you had to do was turn to the 17 horse, Commanding Curve. Commanding Curve would make a late run (if you haven’t seen the video, you can watch below) and finish second to the eventual champion, California Chrome.
At first glance, the horse coming out of the 17th post position was a thoroughbred from West Point Thoroughbreds, but if you did a little more research, you would learn of the Notre Dame connection.
Let’s put the pieces together…
First off, let’s look at the silks from Commanding Curve:
Now, so what professional sports…
View original 182 more words
About Irish United
- W. Basketball. IRISH EXTRA: Allen Steals the Show for Irish Versus Stanford
- Softball. Notre Dame Softball Saturday Schedule Update
- W. Basketball. Inside The Game: #2 Notre Dame 81, #14/17 Stanford 60 (NCAA Championship - Oklahoma City Regional Semifinal)
- W. Basketball. Notre Dame Women's Basketball Postgame Quotes - Notre Dame vs. Stanford
- W. Basketball. #2 Irish On To Elite Eight, Beat #14/17 Stanford, 81-60
- M. Swimming. Irish Break Another School Record on Day Two of NCAA Championships
- Track. Two Relays Through To Finals After Day 3 At Texas Relays
- W. Rowing. #14 Irish In Columbus For First Big Ten/ACC Double Dual
- W. Golf. Irish Sit In Seventh At Loaded LSU Tiger Golf Classic After Day One
- W. Tennis. No. 36 Irish Upend Wolfpack 6-1
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- Schedule Change! Our first Spring Game tomorrow vs. Purdue has been moved to 2pm.. Hope to see you there! und.com/sports/w-socce… 23 hours ago
- Congrats to @NDmbb on advancing to the Elite 8! On to the next one! #NDFamily 1 day ago
- Wishing a very Happy Birthday to Karin Muya! #GoIrish http://t.co/fZg2jrIfYE 2 days ago
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.