Oct 23, 2013, 11:07 AM EST
If you want to get kids from the ages of seven to 10 excited about playing soccer, bring out the Notre Dame men’s soccer team— or at least that was the consensus of the girls on the U9 Jr. Irish team that I coach as they were joined by the Notre Dame men’s soccer team for their last practice of the year.
That’s right. As the rest of the school is away and in search of warm destinations this fall break, the men of the Notre Dame soccer team are here at school hard at work both on the field and in the community. On Tuesday, October 22, the men took time away from their busy practice schedule to get involved with the youth of South Bend and host a clinic for the Jr. Irish soccer club, a local soccer entity for kids of all ages.
Throughout the clinic, both players and coaches from the Notre Dame men’s soccer team set up and led the club through traditional soccer drills that they do everyday in their own practices. The kids were all laughs and smiles as they participated in drills with the team such as “Barcelona” and an Irish favorite,”Boss Says’, a form of “Simon Says” with head coach Bobby Clark.
The clinic was a huge success; the kids learned new moves, had fun and left the practice much better than they were when they came into it. One girl even came up to me at the end and said, “That was the best practice ever Coach!”
About Irish United
- M. Golf. Men’s Golf Signee Taichi Kho to Compete in UBS Hong Kong Open
- M. Ice Hockey. #4 Irish Primed For Weekend Series With #6 Minnesota
- Football. Offensive Line Named Joe Moore Award Semifinalists
- Football. Tranquill Named Wuerffel Trophy Finalist
- W. Basketball. No. 6 Irish Depart for Gulf Coast Showcase
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame vs. Wichita State - Five Things To Know
- M. Basketball. Championship Bound: Irish Dominate LSU 92-53 In Maui Invitational Semifinal
- Baseball. Baseball Unveils 2018 Campaign
- W. Volleyball. Irish Ride Five Match Win Streak Into Final Week Of Regular Season
- M. Ice Hockey. Morris Named Big Ten’s First Star For Second Consecutive Week
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- It was great to see Jill Krivacek ('07) back at Notre Dame as a panelist for last night's @espnW Campus Conversatio… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @NDRomagnolo: So proud of @ndsoccer and their spirit to battle back in the sweet 16 yesterday. Unfortunately we came up short but not wi… 1 day ago
- Thank you to our senior class that has given us 4+ years of unforgettable laughter, love and hard work. 💚 Notre Da… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- 🏆 Best of luck to Irish alumni Justin Morrow and Brandon Aubrey (Toronto FC vs. Columbus Crew, 8 p.m. ET, Eastern C… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- We want to properly recognize and congratulate our senior class and pair of graduate captains for their outstanding… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Wisconsin wins 1-0 2 days ago