Nov 21, 2012, 5:37 PM EDT
Right now, the majority of college soccer players are done with their season. This means no more daily practices, endless traveling, or weekend games. In fact, they are probably headed home to visit their families for Thanksgiving.
The Irish, on the other hand, are one of the select few teams still lucky enough to be competing this holiday weekend. As everyone else heads home, they are out on the soccer field putting in extra hours of hard work all in hopes of winning a national championship.
In order to do this, the team must first defeat Florida State in its Elite Eight game this weekend. FSU, seeded #1, fully expects to beat the unranked Irish. This may seem like a bad thing, but it actually works out in our favor. While everyone is counting on a win from FSU, nobody expects anything from the Irish. In fact, they have already greatly surpassed what anyone expected of them this postseason by knocking off two seeded teams and making it to the Elite Eight. This puts all the pressure on the Seminoles to live up to the hype of their ranking.
The Irish, on the other hand, have nothing to lose and everything to gain in the next round of the tournament.
“We’re all pretty excited to show FSU what we’ve got, and I think we’re going to surprise them,” said senior captain Jazmin Hall. “We’re finally returning to the powerhouse Notre Dame team that everyone knows us as. We’re just gonna have fun with it; all the pressure in on them.”
Game on FSU. The Irish take on the Seminoles on Friday at 7:00 pm ET in Tallahassee, Fla.
About Irish United
- Baseball. Irish And Hoosiers Renew Series Tuesday Night At Victory Field In Indianapolis
- M. Lacrosse. Matt Kavanagh Cops ACC Offensive Player of the Week Honors
- Softball. Koerner Slugs Her Way To ACC Player Of The Week Recognition
- M. Tennis. Irish Extra: Irish Men's Doubles Pairing Boasts All-Star Potential
- M. Lacrosse. IRISH EXTRA: Fans Mob Arlotta Stadium Turf After Epic Irish Victory
- M. Ice Hockey. Hockey Hands Out Team Awards
- W. Lacrosse. No. 10 Notre Dame Falls to No. 14 Louisville, 10-8
- Softball. #25 Irish Roll Over Syracuse 12-0 In Five For 23rd Straight Win
- W. Tennis. No. 33 Notre Dame Falls To No. 23 Duke, 4-1
- Baseball. No. 25 Irish Split With Wolfpack Saturday; Clinch ACC Series
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- Congratulations to our freshmen who received their @NDMonogram letter jackets tonight! http://t.co/Zgwog0OPdP 4 hours ago
- Your Golden Boot and Golden Glove winners: Taylor Klawunder and @LexiNicholas1!! http://t.co/F5WYZAIRNU 7 hours ago
- The winners of the 2015 Spring 4v4 tournament: Dark Delights! http://t.co/1JTIWkqNp7 7 hours ago
- Congratulations to our First-Year @NDMonogram Winners: Jeff, Jon, Trevor, Matt, Michael & student-manager Michelle! http://t.co/w2OZf2FRnF 4 hours ago
- FINAL: ND 2, Valparaiso 2; Aubrey & McCurrie goals 1 day ago
- Starting XI vs Valparaiso #GoIrish http://t.co/ehT2mZ6WdG 1 day ago