Oct 24, 2012, 9:13 PM EDT
Notre Dame celebrated Senior Day on Saturday, but tonight, student-athletes in the class of 2013 received a fitting send-off at Alumni Stadium.
With the temperature in the 70s, it felt like we should have been watching Irish baseball or lacrosse, rather than the soccer regular season home finale.
After falling behind 1-0, Notre Dame netted a trio of scores in less than a seven-minute span in the second half to rally past #3 Marquette, 3-1.
Kyle Richard sparked the comeback with an unassisted finish in the 55th minute. It was Richard’s first career goal and undoubtedly a special moment for the senior from Louisville, Ky.
After tallying a hat trick during the second half against Providence, Ryan Finley added to his team-best 14 goals with scores in the 60th and 61st minutes. First, on a penalty kick, and later, on an assist from Patrick Hodan.
With the win, Notre Dame finishes its home slate with a perfect 8-0 record, and improves to 5-2-0 in BIG EAST play – good for a four-way tie with Marquette, Georgetown and Connecticut atop the Blue Division standings. The Fighting Irish and Golden Eagles will close out the 2012 campaign on Saturday night in Milwaukee.
Watch below for highlights from Notre Dame’s big win.
About Irish United
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- RT @Sflores317: I am so humbled by this. all I can say is that I am so grateful to be part of an amazing TEAM that always believes in me an… 22 hours ago
- Love Thee #GoIrish ☘️ https://t.co/oAtJPm9Zqo 1 day ago
- #FlashbackFriday | The celebration following @sammifisherr's PK in the season-opening win over Saint Louis!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- 😱😱😱😱😱 Take a bow @Aiden06McFadden! #GoIrish☘️ https://t.co/GQLp0EC8sM 11 hours ago
- #views https://t.co/jgJBcykbyR 1 day ago
- RT @NotreDame: Here for each other. Here for the world. Here come the Irish.☘ go.nd.edu/ReturnToCampus https://t.co/HJT3MbZbd3 1 day ago