Oct 11, 2012, 8:25 PM EST
Heading into the home stretch of the season, Notre Dame’s men’s soccer squad stands at 10-3 overall and 2-2 in the BIG EAST. The Irish are ranked seventh in the nation, but just fourth in the BIG EAST Blue Division. A matchup with third-place Seton Hall looms on Saturday in South Orange, N.J. The Pirates are 6-6 overall but 5-2 at home.
Upon returning to South Bend, Notre Dame will take a week off from gameplay before Providence comes to Alumni Stadium. While Seton Hall is merely stuck in mediocrity, the Friars have really struggled this year. They are 2-7-2 and have yet to record a conference victory.
The Irish’s slate will get much tougher in the final two contests, both against the Golden Eagles of Marquette. No. 4 Marquette is one of four remaining undefeated teams in the NCAA. The Golden Eagles will come to South Bend for the first matchup on October 24; the Irish will then hit the road to play Marquette three days later in Milwaukee.
Senior striker Ryan Finley continues to lead the Irish offense. He has tallied 10 goals and an assist on the season, good for 21 points. Senior midfielder and captain Dillon Powers has scored four times and dished out four dimes. Freshman forward Patrick Hodan and junior striker Alex Priede have three goals apiece, and junior attacker Harry Shipp has two goals and four assists.
The Irish and the Pirates are due to kick off at 7:00 pm ET on Saturday.
About Irish United
- M. Ice Hockey. #4 Irish Primed For Weekend Series With #6 Minnesota
- Football. Offensive Line Named Joe Moore Award Semifinalists
- Football. Tranquill Named Wuerffel Trophy Finalist
- W. Basketball. No. 6 Irish Depart for Gulf Coast Showcase
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame vs. Wichita State - Five Things To Know
- M. Basketball. Championship Bound: Irish Dominate LSU 92-53 In Maui Invitational Semifinal
- Baseball. Baseball Unveils 2018 Campaign
- W. Volleyball. Irish Ride Five Match Win Streak Into Final Week Of Regular Season
- M. Ice Hockey. Morris Named Big Ten’s First Star For Second Consecutive Week
- Football. Eighth-Ranked Irish Look To Harvest 10th Win
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- It was great to see Jill Krivacek ('07) back at Notre Dame as a panelist for last night's @espnW Campus Conversatio… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @NDRomagnolo: So proud of @ndsoccer and their spirit to battle back in the sweet 16 yesterday. Unfortunately we came up short but not wi… 1 day ago
- Thank you to our senior class that has given us 4+ years of unforgettable laughter, love and hard work. 💚 Notre Da… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- 🏆 Best of luck to Irish alumni Justin Morrow and Brandon Aubrey (Toronto FC vs. Columbus Crew, 8 p.m. ET, Eastern C… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- We want to properly recognize and congratulate our senior class and pair of graduate captains for their outstanding… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Wisconsin wins 1-0 2 days ago