Oct 6, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
Last night’s win over the Seton Hall Pirates was a great graduation gift for the two senior soccer players after they were honored at the beginning of the match. Defender and tri-captain Jazmin Hall and midfielder Nicole Borner started their night standing on the soccer field in the freezing rain with huge smiles on their faces and tears in their eyes.
The two players had not only been honored on the field in front of all of their families and fans, but the rest of the young soccer team went out of their way to decorate the locker room so that they could personally celebrate and honor their senior teammates and friends as well. Both mentioned that the locker room decoration and the gifts organized by their teammates meant the most to them and was by far their favorite part of senior night.
“The team did a really good job decorating the locker rooms, and I really appreciated all of the gifts. They did an awesome job,” said Hall.
Borner felt the same way; “I loved how enthusiastic all of the girls were, and they did such a good job decorating the locker room. It was so cute!”
But neither can believe their time at Notre Dame is running out. “Finally being a senior is bittersweet, after such a good four years here. Leaving makes you really learn to appreciate everything,” said Hall.
Even though she’ll miss Notre Dame, Jazmin hopes to move on to a good job in a city that will make her happy, and she is excited to begin a new stage in her life.
For Nicole, being a graduating senior hasn’t quite sunk in yet, so she says that it still feels like she’ll be coming back again next year, just like she has for the past three years.
“It’s weird to be a senior, I feel like I still have more time left. I don’t feel like this is it,” she said. However, instead of preparing for another season of soccer at Notre Dame, Nicole is planning to be happily married this summer.
Both student-athletes have exciting futures waiting for them, but they know how much they will truly miss their time at Notre Dame and everything about their experience at the university.
“I’ll definitely miss the team and being a part of something so much bigger than myself, not just the Notre Dame tradition, but a winning soccer program,” said Hall.
“I’ll really miss the people here at Notre Dame and being around my teammates and my friends all the time. It’s nice to just be able to walk right next door in the dorms to say ‘Hi’ to someone,” added Borner.
Even though these two women are leaving Notre Dame, they will always have a place in the Irish women’s soccer legacy.
About Irish United
- M. Ice Hockey. Slaggert And St. Cyr Win Gold With Team USA U18’s
- W. Tennis. Inside Irish ACC Championship First Round: Pittsburgh
- M. Tennis. Hagar Snares ACC Player Of The Week Honors
- Baseball. Crusaders Venture To The Eck
- Softball. Irish Resume With Wildcats In Evanston
- M. Lacrosse. Wynne Receives ACC Player Of The Week Honors
- M. Ice Hockey. Bjork And Petersen Share MVP Honors
- W. Tennis. Irish Drop Season Finale To Clemson, 6-1
- M. Tennis. Hagar Provides A Bright Spot In 5-2 Loss To Wake Forest
- Softball. Virginia Sweeps Irish With 10-6 Sunday Win
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- Goals! Goals! Goals! See all of the goals we scored this Spring & come to Alumni on Friday to catch us vs. Mexico!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 hours ago
- Thank you to every one who gave and voted for us on #NDday! We ended up 4th in Athletics with 669 votes! Thank you! notredameday.nd.edu/campaigns/wome… 6 hours ago
- RT @NDMonogram: NCAA Champion🏆 3 Olympic Gold Medals🥇🥇🥇 World Cup Champion🏆 ☘️@Shannon Boxx (‘99 ⚽️) is our spring Monogram Jacket Ceremon… 6 hours ago
- RT @NotreDameSWD: Hey SA's, want to make the most out of your opportunities at ND? Come talk to @NDMenSoccer alum, Grant Van De Casteele Th… 2 hours ago
- A HUGE thank you to everyone who donated and voted for Men's Soccer this past week! We finished second in athletics… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 hours ago
- RT @NotreDameSWD: Ever wonder how our 2017 O.S.C.A.R.S hosts are preparing for the show on Thur, May 4th? Cross training of course! 🍀⚽️➡️🏒… 5 hours ago