Sep 14, 2012, 11:21 AM EDT
This past weekend, the Notre Dame men’s soccer team posted wins over Oregon State and #4 Akron to win the Mike Berticelli Memorial Tournament.
The tournament began in 2002, in honor of the late Irish head coach, who passed away suddenly in January 2000. While leading Notre Dame from 1990-99, Berticelli posted a 104-80-19 record.
Before the 2012 tournament, Fighting Irish Digital Media caught up with Berticelli’s two sons, Anthony and Nino, a former player, Gerick Short, and a dear friend, Roberto Parisi, to talk about the impact he left.
Even having never met Berticelli, it’s near impossible to not be touched by the video.
About Irish United
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- A big time road showdown awaits the Irish in Charlottesville! ⚽️ at No. 1 Virginia 🗓️ Sunday, Oct. 20 🏟 Klockner… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 12 hours ago
- Working towards the weekend 🔜 No. 1 Virginia #GoIrish ☘️ https://t.co/QfHYJnpDAY 1 day ago
- RT @NDSoccer: How well do you think you know the @ndsoccer team? Check out part one of our whiteboard challenge featuring @CamrynReinoD, @… 2 days ago
- FINAL | ND 1 - VT 2 Irish fall on the road to Virginia Tech. We are back in action at 7 p.m. at Alumni Stadium on… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- 80' | ND 1 - VT 2 VT scores on a counter off a corner to take its first lead of the night. 📺: ACCNX 💻:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- 67' | ND 1 - VT 1 HUGE SAVE! VT is given a free kick on the edge of the box and it sends a shot on target but Turn… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago