Sep 14, 2012, 11:21 AM EST
This past weekend, the Notre Dame men’s soccer team posted wins over Oregon State and #4 Akron to win the Mike Berticelli Memorial Tournament.
The tournament began in 2002, in honor of the late Irish head coach, who passed away suddenly in January 2000. While leading Notre Dame from 1990-99, Berticelli posted a 104-80-19 record.
Before the 2012 tournament, Fighting Irish Digital Media caught up with Berticelli’s two sons, Anthony and Nino, a former player, Gerick Short, and a dear friend, Roberto Parisi, to talk about the impact he left.
Even having never met Berticelli, it’s near impossible to not be touched by the video.
About Irish United
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- RT @NDSoccer: Fresh off her appearance with the U-20 Women's National Team, @brimartinez_6 was named to the @TopDrawerSoccer Postseason Top… 1 hour ago
- Fresh off her appearance with the U-20 Women's National Team, @brimartinez_6 was named to the @TopDrawerSoccer Post… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
- It's a @NDSoccer takeover on this week's @StrongerScars! Check out this week's episode as @bailey_cart has teammate… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Awesome to see Irish great @mattbesler from @sportingkc has been named to the @MLS Best XI playoff team!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 23 hours ago
- 2018 was a season to remember. Elite 8. #7 Overall Seed in NCAA Tournament. And more.Check it out here with some g… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- RT @NDMenSoccer: In just his first season as a pro @JonGallagher96 is an @MLS champion! Congrats to Jon and the @ATLUTD on the remarkable s… 4 days ago