Aug 26, 2012, 10:14 PM EST
The Notre Dame women’s soccer team opened its home schedule this afternoon, dominating the game against East Carolina, 5-0. The Irish had just come off a recent win against Tulsa, but had never faced off against East Carolina on the soccer field before. Unfamiliarity with their opponent did not discourage the Notre Dame women’s squad, as they took control of the game with junior Rebecca Twining scoring their first of 5 goals in the 34th minute of the game.
I, as Rebecca’s “Big Sis” from her freshman year in Breen-Phillips (BP) Hall, and the dorm as a whole, would like to congratulate her for scoring the first goal of the game today. It was also her first of the season. In fact, BP’s new rectress, Sr. Mary, even made it out to the first half to cheer on the “BP Babes” on the team, as well as the rest of the Irish. BP has always been a huge supporter of Notre Dame women’s soccerr, and that tradition will definitely continue throughout this year.
Today’s game ended with Notre Dame taking 31 shots on goal, compared to East Carolina’s 12 shots. Sr. Mary even mentioned in passing in the dorm earlier about how well the Irish did in the game, by taking 16 shots on goal in the first half, while East Carolina was only able to take one shot at the Irish goal during that time.
Today was definitely a great to start to the Irish women’s soccer season at home.
About Irish United
- M. Golf. Men’s Golf Signee Taichi Kho to Compete in UBS Hong Kong Open
- M. Ice Hockey. #4 Irish Primed For Weekend Series With #6 Minnesota
- Football. Offensive Line Named Joe Moore Award Semifinalists
- Football. Tranquill Named Wuerffel Trophy Finalist
- W. Basketball. No. 6 Irish Depart for Gulf Coast Showcase
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame vs. Wichita State - Five Things To Know
- M. Basketball. Championship Bound: Irish Dominate LSU 92-53 In Maui Invitational Semifinal
- Baseball. Baseball Unveils 2018 Campaign
- W. Volleyball. Irish Ride Five Match Win Streak Into Final Week Of Regular Season
- M. Ice Hockey. Morris Named Big Ten’s First Star For Second Consecutive Week
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- It was great to see Jill Krivacek ('07) back at Notre Dame as a panelist for last night's @espnW Campus Conversatio… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @NDRomagnolo: So proud of @ndsoccer and their spirit to battle back in the sweet 16 yesterday. Unfortunately we came up short but not wi… 1 day ago
- Thank you to our senior class that has given us 4+ years of unforgettable laughter, love and hard work. 💚 Notre Da… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- 🏆 Best of luck to Irish alumni Justin Morrow and Brandon Aubrey (Toronto FC vs. Columbus Crew, 8 p.m. ET, Eastern C… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- We want to properly recognize and congratulate our senior class and pair of graduate captains for their outstanding… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Wisconsin wins 1-0 2 days ago