Aug 20, 2012, 10:30 PM EDT
In its final exhibition game of the 2012 season, the Irish men’s soccer team bested Xavier, 1-0, tonight at Alumni Stadium.
Senior Adam Mena found the back of the net on a free kick in the 37th minute to lift his squad to a victory in the game to benefit Grassroot Soccer, an organization that “uses the power of soccer to educate, inspire, and mobilize communities to stop the spread of HIV.”
Fighting Irish Digital Media broadcast the action live on UND.com and put together this video, featuring highlights and a post-game interview with head coach Bobby Clark.
The regular season begins at home on Saturday night, when the Irish host Duke at 7:30 pm. If you can’t make it out to Alumni Stadium, catch that game live, only on UND.com.
About Irish United
- W. Soccer. What to Watch: Butler vs. Notre Dame
- M. Basketball. Irish Legend Tom Hawkins Passes Away
- W. Soccer. Irish Add Casper to Women’s Soccer Staff
- Bigger Than Brick. Premium Seating Added To Football Game Day Experience
- Bigger Than Brick. #NDBiggerThanBrick - Visitors Tunnel and Locker Room
- M. Tennis. Lebedev Claims ITA National Summer Championship
- W. Basketball. Ogunbowale Brings Home Four Nations Tournament Title
- Bigger Than Brick. #NDBiggerThanBrick - The Server Room
- W. Soccer. ACC Network Extra to Broadcast 13 Matches
- Bigger Than Brick. #NDBiggerThanBrick - The Flag Pole
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- The Irish and Bulldogs are set to open the 2017 campaign on Friday! ☘️⚽️ ➡️ PREVIEW: und.com/sports/w-socce… 1 hour ago
- Ladies and gentlemen, your 2017 Fighting Irish! ☘️⚽️ https://t.co/uxzlAtUh0p 2 hours ago
- 2017 Training Camp ✔️ The Irish are ready to square off with @ButlerWSoccer in their regular-season opener TOMORRO… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 8 hours ago