Aug 20, 2012, 10:30 PM EST
In its final exhibition game of the 2012 season, the Irish men’s soccer team bested Xavier, 1-0, tonight at Alumni Stadium.
Senior Adam Mena found the back of the net on a free kick in the 37th minute to lift his squad to a victory in the game to benefit Grassroot Soccer, an organization that “uses the power of soccer to educate, inspire, and mobilize communities to stop the spread of HIV.”
Fighting Irish Digital Media broadcast the action live on UND.com and put together this video, featuring highlights and a post-game interview with head coach Bobby Clark.
The regular season begins at home on Saturday night, when the Irish host Duke at 7:30 pm. If you can’t make it out to Alumni Stadium, catch that game live, only on UND.com.
About Irish United
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Hockey Ranked #15 In Polls After Petersen's Big Weekend
- M. Basketball. Virginia Preview - Five Things To Know
- W. Tennis. Irish Roll To Twin Sweeps In Season-Opening Doubleheader
- M. Tennis. Irish Fall To #15 Kentucky In Tight 5-2 Contest
- Fencing. Irish Wrap New York Stay At NYU Invite
- W. Basketball. Notre Dame Breezes By Tar Heels
- M. Basketball. Sunday Brunch: Irish Defense Dooms 'Cuse
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Blank New Hampshire 3-0 For A Three Point Weekend
- Swimming & Diving. Fighting Irish Victorious in Indianapolis
- Fencing. Irish Look Strong At Elite St. John's Invitational
Fighting Irish on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- It's that time of year again! Registration is now open for the 2017 ND Soccer National Coaching Seminar! DETAILS:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 days ago
- The Irish were well represented in the MLS this past year! STORY: und.com/sports/m-socce… https://t.co/IqishMr4gJ 5 days ago
- Congratulations @Brandon_Aubrey on being drafted by Toronto FC! #IrishPride STORY: und.com/sports/m-socce… https://t.co/skxgqY7P88 1 week ago