Aug 20, 2012, 11:25 AM EDT
Sports strengthen our body, mind and spirit. They entertain us. They give us endless topics to argue about with friends.
But perhaps, sports are at their best when they give others hope.
In 2002, Tommy Clark, son of Irish head coach Bobby Clark, founded Grassroot Soccer. Its mission is to “use the power of soccer to educate, inspire, and mobilize communities to stop the spread of HIV.”
Tonight at 7 pm ET, the Irish will host Xavier in an exhibition match at Alumni Stadium. Admission to the match is free, but the Irish are asking for a $1 donation from every attendee. Coach Clark will match the money collected at the game this evening, and also donate it to GRS.
Here’s more about GRS in the latest Fighting Irish Digital Media feature.
…And UND.com has additional information about tonight’s game.
About Irish United
- Baseball. Vierling Nabs All-ACC Nod
- Football. Sam Mustipher Named To Rimington Trophy Watch List
- Softball. Cal Steals 5-3 Decision From Irish
- M. Lacrosse. Replay: Denver Roars Past Irish
- Baseball. ACC Baseball Championship Next Stop For Irish
- Softball. Irish Topple ETSU In Extras, 7-6
- General News. Sunday Brunch: Kiefer Best of the Best
- Baseball. Postseason Bound Irish Fall In Finale
- M. Lacrosse. Irish Fall To Denver In NCAA Championship Quarterfinals
- Baseball. Irish Drop A Wild One To Eagles
Fighting Irish on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Good luck to all our guys during finals week! #finishstrong https://t.co/psRitXdiGw 2 weeks ago
- RT @NDMonogram: National Champions🏆 Team Captains☘️ Dean’s List Students📚 Med School Bound🎓 Congratulations Eva Niklinska 🤺 & Evan Panke… 2 weeks ago
- RT @gamedayND: A break in the weather, just in time for #Friday! Have a great weekend. ☘️😎🌤️🌷 https://t.co/JluRexvDzJ 2 weeks ago