Aug 13, 2012, 10:09 AM EDT
In the latest post on Irish United, men’s head coach Bobby Clark makes his blog debut, sharing his thoughts on this weekend’s preseason games against Northern Illinois.
Game 1: NIU 0 – ND 2
Game 2: NIU 0 – ND 3
The first two of our four preseason games got underway up in DeKalb, IL when the Irish played a double header with the Huskies from NIU. The first match was a 60-minute affair which featured all of the new freshmen mixed in with some of the more experienced upperclassmen. This is a great opportunity for the new guys on the block to show what they have, and all 6 frosh came through their first test at Notre Dame with passing marks. Possibly the top of the class was Patrick Hodan, as he notched both goals, but he would be the first to say that Alex Priede, his forward partner, was a huge piece of his success. Alex set up his goals and hit the woodwork on three separate occasions.
The second match was the big picture, as both teams put their star billing on display. Again, the Irish took home all the Oscars, with Ryan Finley getting two very well-taken goals in the first period. Dillon Powers must also get high credit ratings as he slipped Finley through on both occasions with two glorious passes. The third goal did not happen until the 89th minute when Robbie Gallegos put a beautiful pass inside the Huskies’ left back and Michael Rose ran onto it and slammed home an angled drive from about 15 yards. A beautiful goal to finish off an excellent afternoon.
All in all a great day for the Irish and hopefully we can sharpen up a few more pieces before we meet Chivas Guadalajara U21s on Thursday in Fort Wayne. Chivas has possibly the best youth program in Mexico, so this will be a great test for the Notre Dame team.
About Irish United
- M. Ice Hockey. Morris Named Richter Award Finalist
- Baseball. Register Now: Irish Baseball Summer Camp
- M. Lacrosse. Irish Edged By Michigan, 13-12
- W. Soccer. SCHEDULE CHANGE: Irish to Face Purdue on Friday
- Baseball. Johnson Named Senior CLASS Candidate
- M. Ice Hockey. NCAA Playoffs Begin For No. 2 Irish
- Fencing. Keys To The Meet: 2018 NCAA Championships
- Fencing. Sirico Named ACC Fencer of the Year for Women's Epee
- Baseball. Irish Drop Home Opener to NIU
- Swimming & Diving. #19 Irish Ready For Speedy NCAA Championship Week
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- 🚨SCHEDULE CHANGE 🚨 Notre Dame's spring opener at Purdue has been moved to 7:30 p.m. ET on Friday! ☘️⚽️ ➡️ MORE: und.com/sports/w-socce… 1 day ago
- RT @NotreDame: Happy Saint Patrick's Day! https://t.co/wEeK2ITAFC 5 days ago
- 👀 We see you, Sandra! #NDFamily ☘️ twitter.com/thornsfc/statu… 1 week ago
- Indy Eleven ✔︎ MSU ✔︎ Oakland ✔︎ Valpo ✔︎ Green Bay ✔︎ UK ✔︎ Bethel ✔︎ IU ✔︎ 🇲🇽 ✔︎ Come watch the Irish this sprin… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 weeks ago
- Congratulations to another of our own, 2007 grad and four-year Monogram winner Nate Norman, the new head coach of… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- Rounding out our newcomers is a midfielder from the state of Virginia. Welcome Bryan Silver! 🖋⚽️☘ https://t.co/2tXDjWIWYb 1 month ago