Aug 13, 2012, 10:09 AM EDT
In the latest post on Irish United, men’s head coach Bobby Clark makes his blog debut, sharing his thoughts on this weekend’s preseason games against Northern Illinois.
Game 1: NIU 0 – ND 2
Game 2: NIU 0 – ND 3
The first two of our four preseason games got underway up in DeKalb, IL when the Irish played a double header with the Huskies from NIU. The first match was a 60-minute affair which featured all of the new freshmen mixed in with some of the more experienced upperclassmen. This is a great opportunity for the new guys on the block to show what they have, and all 6 frosh came through their first test at Notre Dame with passing marks. Possibly the top of the class was Patrick Hodan, as he notched both goals, but he would be the first to say that Alex Priede, his forward partner, was a huge piece of his success. Alex set up his goals and hit the woodwork on three separate occasions.
The second match was the big picture, as both teams put their star billing on display. Again, the Irish took home all the Oscars, with Ryan Finley getting two very well-taken goals in the first period. Dillon Powers must also get high credit ratings as he slipped Finley through on both occasions with two glorious passes. The third goal did not happen until the 89th minute when Robbie Gallegos put a beautiful pass inside the Huskies’ left back and Michael Rose ran onto it and slammed home an angled drive from about 15 yards. A beautiful goal to finish off an excellent afternoon.
All in all a great day for the Irish and hopefully we can sharpen up a few more pieces before we meet Chivas Guadalajara U21s on Thursday in Fort Wayne. Chivas has possibly the best youth program in Mexico, so this will be a great test for the Notre Dame team.
About Irish United
- M. Lacrosse. Perkovic and Epple Selected in First Two Rounds of MLL Draft
- W. Rowing. Irish Wrap Up NCAA Championship
- Track & Field. Five Irish Headed To Eugene
- W. Rowing. Irish Earn Final Berths At The NCAA Championship
- Track & Field. Richartz Secures Spot at NCAA Championships
- W. Rowing. Rowing Wraps Up Day One At NCAA Championship
- W. Lacrosse. Long Island Sound Draft Two Irish Alumnae
- Baseball. Irish Fall In Season Finale
- Track & Field. Irish Punch Ticket To Eugene
- Football. Football & The Force Charity Softball Game
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- The incredible Kiley Adams always making us proud! #STUDENTathlete twitter.com/fulbrightprgrm… 1 day ago
- RT @NDRomagnolo: So proud of these ACC champs! Extraordinary people who have accomplished so much already and are just beginning their next… 1 week ago
- Congratulations to our seniors on graduating today!! We are SO proud of you && cannot wait to see what you do next!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- Good luck to all our guys during finals week! #finishstrong https://t.co/psRitXdiGw 2 weeks ago
- RT @NDMonogram: National Champions🏆 Team Captains☘️ Dean’s List Students📚 Med School Bound🎓 Congratulations Eva Niklinska 🤺 & Evan Panke… 3 weeks ago
- RT @gamedayND: A break in the weather, just in time for #Friday! Have a great weekend. ☘️😎🌤️🌷 https://t.co/JluRexvDzJ 3 weeks ago