Jun 14, 2012, 11:15 AM EDT
Today was a light day of training with the game against Sweden tomorrow night at 6pm. We are six hours ahead of ET in the US, so kickoff will be at noon back home. Unfortunately there is no live online or tv for the game, so keep up with the tweets and blog to get the results. Norway ended up beating Sweden 4-2 in the opening game yesterday.
We got up and took a long walk and stretch with Joan, our trainer this morning. So the players got to sleep in just a bit and had a light morning with the walk. This afternoon we played some 5 vs. 5 vs. 5 possession and I must tell you they look fantastic. We played unlimited touches, then two touches, and then one touch and even the one touch was something special to see. Man I hope my Notre Dame team can simulate this passion and level for the fall season. I love the training of this team! After this we reviewed all of our attacking and defending corner kicks and free kicks. Then we had Kat Mertz our other assistant put all of these set pieces down on paper and she handed out to all the players to have them look over tonight and tomorrow prior to the game.
Tonight the girls are watching the Euros which has been a great thing for them to do here every evening. What a great learning tool for young players to watch soccer at a high level. I’d encourage all young players to do so.
I’m really looking forward to the game tomorrow. Without having numbers to play 11 vs. 11, I’m not quite sure what to expect. However, if our 5 vs. 5 and 6 vs. 6 activities are anything like the game itself, then I think we will be very pleased as a staff!
Wish us luck for tomorrow, light a candle for us at the Grotto, and keep the US in your hearts!
About Irish United
- M. Ice Hockey. Morris Named Richter Award Finalist
- Baseball. Register Now: Irish Baseball Summer Camp
- M. Lacrosse. Irish Edged By Michigan, 13-12
- W. Soccer. SCHEDULE CHANGE: Irish to Face Purdue on Friday
- Baseball. Johnson Named Senior CLASS Candidate
- M. Ice Hockey. NCAA Playoffs Begin For No. 2 Irish
- Fencing. Keys To The Meet: 2018 NCAA Championships
- Fencing. Sirico Named ACC Fencer of the Year for Women's Epee
- Baseball. Irish Drop Home Opener to NIU
- Swimming & Diving. #19 Irish Ready For Speedy NCAA Championship Week
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- 🚨SCHEDULE CHANGE 🚨 Notre Dame's spring opener at Purdue has been moved to 7:30 p.m. ET on Friday! ☘️⚽️ ➡️ MORE: und.com/sports/w-socce… 1 day ago
- RT @NotreDame: Happy Saint Patrick's Day! https://t.co/wEeK2ITAFC 5 days ago
- 👀 We see you, Sandra! #NDFamily ☘️ twitter.com/thornsfc/statu… 1 week ago
- Indy Eleven ✔︎ MSU ✔︎ Oakland ✔︎ Valpo ✔︎ Green Bay ✔︎ UK ✔︎ Bethel ✔︎ IU ✔︎ 🇲🇽 ✔︎ Come watch the Irish this sprin… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 weeks ago
- Congratulations to another of our own, 2007 grad and four-year Monogram winner Nate Norman, the new head coach of… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- Rounding out our newcomers is a midfielder from the state of Virginia. Welcome Bryan Silver! 🖋⚽️☘ https://t.co/2tXDjWIWYb 1 month ago