Jun 14, 2012, 11:15 AM EDT
Today was a light day of training with the game against Sweden tomorrow night at 6pm. We are six hours ahead of ET in the US, so kickoff will be at noon back home. Unfortunately there is no live online or tv for the game, so keep up with the tweets and blog to get the results. Norway ended up beating Sweden 4-2 in the opening game yesterday.
We got up and took a long walk and stretch with Joan, our trainer this morning. So the players got to sleep in just a bit and had a light morning with the walk. This afternoon we played some 5 vs. 5 vs. 5 possession and I must tell you they look fantastic. We played unlimited touches, then two touches, and then one touch and even the one touch was something special to see. Man I hope my Notre Dame team can simulate this passion and level for the fall season. I love the training of this team! After this we reviewed all of our attacking and defending corner kicks and free kicks. Then we had Kat Mertz our other assistant put all of these set pieces down on paper and she handed out to all the players to have them look over tonight and tomorrow prior to the game.
Tonight the girls are watching the Euros which has been a great thing for them to do here every evening. What a great learning tool for young players to watch soccer at a high level. I’d encourage all young players to do so.
I’m really looking forward to the game tomorrow. Without having numbers to play 11 vs. 11, I’m not quite sure what to expect. However, if our 5 vs. 5 and 6 vs. 6 activities are anything like the game itself, then I think we will be very pleased as a staff!
Wish us luck for tomorrow, light a candle for us at the Grotto, and keep the US in your hearts!
About Irish United
- W. Volleyball. Johnson Announces Volleyball Staff For Upcoming Season
- W. Rowing. O'Tighearnaigh Named Honorable Mention All-American
- Football. Irish Trio Named To Bednarik,Maxwell Watch Lists
- Football. Single-Game Irish Football Tickets Available
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Skaters Participate In NHL Development Camps
- Swimming & Diving. Litzinger To Coach In Inaugural ACC/Big Ten Challenge
- W. Soccer. Flores Signs Two-Year Deal with Valencia CF
- Fencing. Kvaratskhelia Named USFCA Coach of the Year
- M. Soccer. Irish Men's Soccer Holding School Supply Drive
- Track & Field. Sunday Brunch: Hoosier Hoops Helped Prepare Sparks for Head Coaching Role
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- RT @NDSoccer: 🗒🖊@kateeoconnorr and @sammifisherr talked to Goshen's Write on Sports camp about their soccer career and role models. Keep a… 1 week ago
- 🗒🖊@kateeoconnorr and @sammifisherr talked to Goshen's Write on Sports camp about their soccer career and role model… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- RT @46Sports: Nice story today by my man @tnoieNDI on @brooke_vandyck skipping her senior year for @PennGirlsSoccer to play for @NDSoccer… 1 week ago
- Great time viewing the game today with all these soccer fans!! twitter.com/mattcashore/st… 6 days ago
- RT @NDAthEquipment: Delivery day ☝🏻 in the 📚 29 pallets ✔️ What will day ✌🏻 bring? 🤔 #TeamUA @UnderArmour https://t.co/SzBfoJ0vKe 1 week ago
- RT @SaintLouisFC: We need to make a quick introduction: We've signed Saint Louis FC Academy U19 forward Jack Lynn on a USL Academy contract… 2 weeks ago