Jun 14, 2012, 11:15 AM EST
Today was a light day of training with the game against Sweden tomorrow night at 6pm. We are six hours ahead of ET in the US, so kickoff will be at noon back home. Unfortunately there is no live online or tv for the game, so keep up with the tweets and blog to get the results. Norway ended up beating Sweden 4-2 in the opening game yesterday.
We got up and took a long walk and stretch with Joan, our trainer this morning. So the players got to sleep in just a bit and had a light morning with the walk. This afternoon we played some 5 vs. 5 vs. 5 possession and I must tell you they look fantastic. We played unlimited touches, then two touches, and then one touch and even the one touch was something special to see. Man I hope my Notre Dame team can simulate this passion and level for the fall season. I love the training of this team! After this we reviewed all of our attacking and defending corner kicks and free kicks. Then we had Kat Mertz our other assistant put all of these set pieces down on paper and she handed out to all the players to have them look over tonight and tomorrow prior to the game.
Tonight the girls are watching the Euros which has been a great thing for them to do here every evening. What a great learning tool for young players to watch soccer at a high level. I’d encourage all young players to do so.
I’m really looking forward to the game tomorrow. Without having numbers to play 11 vs. 11, I’m not quite sure what to expect. However, if our 5 vs. 5 and 6 vs. 6 activities are anything like the game itself, then I think we will be very pleased as a staff!
Wish us luck for tomorrow, light a candle for us at the Grotto, and keep the US in your hearts!
About Irish United
- M. Ice Hockey. #1 Irish Down #18 Wisconsin 4-2 For 16th Straight Win
- Swimming & Diving. #22 Irish In Control After Day 1 At #20/25 FSU
- M. Tennis. Irish Romp In 6-1 Victory Over Spartans
- Baseball. Greene Tabbed Auburn Athletic Director
- M. Soccer. Jon Gallagher Selected 14th Overall In 2018 MLS SuperDraft
- Track & Field. Welcome Home: Keys to the Notre Dame Invitational
- Fencing. Keys To The Meets: St. John's and Philadelphia Invitationals
- W. Basketball. No. 5 Irish Rally to 84-70 Victory Over No. 6 Vols
- Swimming & Diving. #22 Irish On The Road At #20/25 FSU
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame at Clemson - Five Things To Know
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- ICYMI: Sandra Yu was drafted No. 8 overall in the #NWSLDraft by @ThornsFC! ☘️🌹 MORE: und.com/sports/w-socce… 11 hours ago
- RT @FightingIrish: Congratulations to @NDSoccer's Sandra Yu who was selected 8th overall at the @NWSL draft! Meet @ThornsFC's newest draft… 11 hours ago
- RT @NDSoccer: Sandra Yu became the fourth Irish athlete to be drafted by the @NWSL since 2012. The midfielder was selected No. 8 overall b… 18 hours ago
- That feeling you get when you hear your name called on Draft Day...☘️⚽️ (all rights to MLSSoccer.com) https://t.co/3R8D5y12Ob 10 hours ago
- Notre Dame has now seen 28 players selected in the #MLSSuperDraft since 2004, including 22 players in the first two… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 13 hours ago
- Hear from Atlanta’s latest draft pick himself! 🎤🎥 twitter.com/mls/status/954… 14 hours ago