May 5, 2014, 3:11 PM EDT
Originally posted on Fighting Irish Blog:
Mostly everybody watches horse racing once a year, and that time was on Saturday, May 3rd. As the eyes of the world and especially the horse racing community turned to Churchill Downs for the running of the Kentucky Derby, there was a bit of an “Irish Flair” to the event this year. To see the flair, all you had to do was turn to the 17 horse, Commanding Curve. Commanding Curve would make a late run (if you haven’t seen the video, you can watch below) and finish second to the eventual champion, California Chrome.
At first glance, the horse coming out of the 17th post position was a thoroughbred from West Point Thoroughbreds, but if you did a little more research, you would learn of the Notre Dame connection.
Let’s put the pieces together…
First off, let’s look at the silks from Commanding Curve:
Now, so what professional sports…
View original 182 more words
About Irish United
- Baseball. Blue Tops Gold, 6-3, In First Game Of Annual Fall Series
- Football. Notre Dame's Jerome Bettis Named Walter Camp Man of the Year
- Football. IRISH EXTRA: Irish Know It's `Game On' with Midshipmen
- W. Volleyball. Irish Welcome In Georgia Tech For Halloween Showdown
- M. Soccer. Irish Place Three On Academic All-District 5 First Team
- Cross Country. Irish Eye Consistency At Hilly ACC Championship Race
- M. Soccer. #5 Notre Dame Draws With #12 Michigan State, 1-1
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Icers To Play Host To Vermont To Close Out Eight-Game Home Stand
- W. Volleyball. Volleyball Update: Crunching The Numbers From Virginia
- M. Basketball. Fighting Irish Picked Seventh In ACC Preseason Poll
Fighting Irish on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Irish Place Three On Academic All-District 5 First Team (Patrick Hodan, Luke Mishu, Evan Panken) #StudentAthleteIrish ntrda.me/1vlHkas 15 hours ago
- Notre Dame Draws With #12 Michigan State, 1-1 #NDvsMSU ntrda.me/1tFoGOb 1 day ago
- RT @NDPittClub: Looking forward to it! RT @NDMenSoccer: Irish now 9-4-3 on year. Next up is final regular season ACC match at Pittsburgh 1… 1 day ago